Senior Full-Stack Engineer
Who we are
Akooda is on a mission to help employees and managers understand and navigate the digital, hybrid, and remote work world. We aspire to bring back the magic of a few people in a garage to growing companies by utilizing the latest developments in AI and data science. At Akooda, we value ownership, transparency and teamwork and we put as much emphasis on developing each other as we do on developing great products, under our common vision on the future of work. We love what we do, we have a ton of fun, we are bringing our full selves to work, and we are always looking for people who share our passion to join us on this amazing journey.
We are looking for an outstanding and independent Senior Full-Stack Engineer to lead the implementation of an elegant, frictionless event-driven system that will delight our users. You will join a group of experienced developers from the world’s top companies to lead R&D projects and write greenfield code – from complex backend pipelines to a user-mesmerizing front-end web application.
You will lead and develop creative solutions not only for technical problems but also for problems of real people, and are expected to apply deep empathy and understanding of human experience.
What you have
- 3+ years of experience.
- Backend: Strong knowledge of Java and Spring Boot, Object Oriented development (Java / Kotlin preferred).
- Solid backend foundation, that allows solving complex product needs by designing and implementing elegant system architectures.
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies in a very fast paced environment.
- High delivery standards and a deep sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Familiarity with Cloud Services, especially GCP.
What you might also have
- Prior start-up experience as a core team member in high growth companies.
- Experience with databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Neo4J) and event streaming platforms (Kafka).
- Knowledge of machine learning and advanced statistical techniques and concepts.
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes and the relevant ecosystem.
- Ability to lead and develop creative solutions from end to end - both product and dev side.
- B.Sc in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent in experience)
The Akooda Team